Thank you for your interest in working for Like Family Home Care (LHFC) We are looking forward to learning more about you. The following are things all applicants will need to qualify for hire by LFHC:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Three (3) references
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Ability to pass 50-state background check
- Reliable transportation
- Current Tennessee driver’s license
- Current automobile Insurance
- Current CPR Card
- Current First Aid card
- Negative TB test
- Documented proof of one (1) year professional caregiving experience and/or combination of education and experience for all personal support positions.
Like Family Home Care is committed to offering the best caregivers for our clients. We pay competitive rates in addition to providing a positive working environment with opportunities for reward as employees grow with us.
Employees not Independent Contractors
Like Family Home Care offers flexibility in hours and location of assignment, opportunities for health insurance, with the company paying a portion of the rate, and various incentives and bonuses based on performance and loyalty.
All of our caregivers are actual employees on our payroll. This means that we are responsible for taking any taxes, Social Security and/or Medicare payments out of their paychecks rather than putting that burden on them. Our employees are also eligible for Paid Time Off after working a certain number of hours at our agency.
(We always have a back-up caregiver assigned to every client, so when the primary caregiver does need time off, there is someone else in place that is familiar with that specific client and case.)